NUMECA offers advanced grid generation and CFD tools for modeling complex flow phenomena in hydraulic machine components within a short project timeframe.
Our integrated software environments, such as FINE™/Turbo, FINE™/Open with OpenLabs and FINE™/Design3D, provide analysis tools and solutions for:
- Unsteady phenomena e.g. rotor/stator interactions
- Optimization of components e.g. optimized runner geometry
- Performance characteristics of hydro machines at the design stage
- Hydraulic and kinetic losses, prediction of energy loss, head, power consumption, efficiency, thrust and torque
- Fluid-structure interactions
- Cavitation phenomena and mixture of several fluids
NUMECA offers industrial CFD solutions and engineering services covering a wide range of hydropower applications, from Francis turbines to hydro turbine generator simulations.